Sunday 15 September 2013

The continuing adventures of Loki

Well hopefully you have made the journey safely from my personal blog to here without any troubles. If you have come straight here then you may need to pop over to my blog for a full understanding of events so far.


So a quick recap, due to a breach of my copyright some emails have been exchanged with the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp.

This morning I received a text from James asking if a generous contribution to the projects charity fund had anything to do with me? I could only reply maybe as he made me aware of where the contribution had come from, but this was very unexpected.

So Firstly let me thank Willie and the other committee members for the generous donation received, it is greatly appreciated and does a lot for a man's faith in conducting matters in a gentlemanly way.

About half an hour later I received an email from Willie that draws a full and happy conclusion to the whole event.

Andrew,

Indeed a very gentlemanly way to resolve this unfortunate matter.

As you said, in doing so we will be able to turn this whole thing into a positive result for all parties concerned.

So it goes without saying that we would be most honoured if  Bloggers For Charity would host a game at Crisis 2014. Just let me know what you need and I'll make sure everything is ready and waiting for you.
Crisis 14 by the way is scheduled for Nov. 8th next year, at the same venue as this year.
The venue itself is extremely easy to find as, coming from whichever direction, you don't have to leave the main motorway until the last few hundred meters. Anyway, if you need any additional info such as a more detailed roadmap. the exact SatNav setting or anything else you can think of please don't hesitate to contact me.

We will also give your organisation the maximum exposure at our disposal, details of which I still have to talk through with the more technically inclined members of our committee. But for certain 'Bloggers For Charity' will be mentioned on our adverts, flyers, posters and other forms of media coverage used for the Crisis events.

But somehow we felt a little more had to be done. So I hope you won't find it presumptuous of me that I made a small contribution, on behalf of the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp, to the organisation which is obviously so close to your heart. Just consider it as a group of wargamers supporting another group for a very worthwhile cause.

In closing I can only say that, despite an inauspicious start due to our negligence, it is a real pleasure to be able to communicate with you in such a constructive way.
And I know the following is an often used platitude but in this case it couldn't be closer to the truth when I say that I'm really looking forward to see you here in Antwerp.

best regards,
Willie Bogaerts
A rather eventful few days with a very rewarding outcome and a new destination for us to take the charity event to hopefully we will be able to meet many of you there as well.

I am personally delighted with the outcome as it will enable the bloggers for charity event achieve a wider audience and share this with some of those that are contributing to this as well.


14 comments:

  1. Am excellent result all round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nov 8th... Its a Birthday road trip then. Well done Andy a resolution to be please with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great ending to that little tale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad this was resolved in such a positive fashion! Hats of to all

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect conclusion! Well done to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you can't say fairer than that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a brilliant conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! This really is win win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic conclusion to this unfortunate little saga. It restores ones faith in people... but then I've always thought that the wargameing community was a decent bunch. Hats off to you for handling this well and kudos to Tin Soldiers of Antwerp for their excellent response.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good result, and a great way forward

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good stuff, very glad to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrew,

    that's an absolutely excellent result I presume. I'll be more than happy to meet you personally at Crisis 2014!

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete